My main research interests are about moral development: How do young children acquire moral and other norms? How do they start to care about, protect, and promote the wellbeing of other people, for instance by helping or refraining from harming others? My research investigates how these phenomena develop through everyday social interactions. My lab also studies moral and other evaluative orientations in older children and adults.
I grew up in Toten, Norway, and studied philosophy, psychology, and engineering at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Université de Paris-Sorbonne, and the University of Oslo before going to graduate school at the University of California, Berkeley.
Education & Training
- Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley
- M.Phil., University of Oslo
- B.Hum., Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- PSYCH 2: Introduction to Psychological Statistics
- PSYCH 112: Moral Development
- PSYCH 119K: Emotional development
- PSYCH 202R: Introduction to R
- PSYCH 225AB: Introduction to Developmental Research